Endangered Species In Southeast Asia
At least one fifth of mammals in Southeast Asia are endangered.
Endangered species in southeast asia. The region has an extraordinary rate of species discovery with more than 2216 new species described between 1997 and 2014 alone. A large proportion of this trade is domestic and does not cross international boundaries for example products such as medicinal plants charcoal wild meat and fisheries and therefore is outside the potential scope of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered. The COVID-19 pandemic has offered Southeast Asian nations a rare and narrowing window of opportunity to clamp down on the regions endangered wildlife trade after the business saw a sharp contraction due to the COVID-19 pandemic according to a report from the United Nations.
ASAP species are Critically Endangered land and freshwater vertebrates found in Southeast Asia. Burma Cambodia Indonesia Laos Malaysia Thailand Vietnam. China India Iran Mongolia Turkmenistan.
These areas have been sustainably managed by Karen communities for centuries and hold many endangered Southeast Asian wildlife species such as Asian Elephants Tigers and several primate and pangolin species all rare now in other parts of Myanmar and neighboring countries. Southeast Asia is globally important for biodiversity but has high levels of threatened species. This species of sea turtle is considered as the most recognizable species in the world.
This species is facing moderate to severe threats of extinction. This file photo shows a baby Douc langur playing with its mother. Rich in wildlife Southeast Asia includes at least six of the worlds 25 biodiversity hotspots the areas of the world that contain an exceptional concentration of species and are exceptionally endangered.
Asia has hot rainy climates too. Living primates include humans monkeys lemurs and apes. AFP Photo There are more than 400 species of primates across the world and at least 98 species recognised in Southeast Asia.
As primates are related they are genetically similar. Another species of endangered animals in Southeast Asia is the green sea turtle. We might not have a chance after this if we do not appreciate these wildlife now.
- Shih Tzu Mix Puppies Iowa
- Shih Tzu Puppies Joplin Mo
- Siamese Cats For Adoption Chicago
- Shih Tzu Puppies For Sale In Houston Texas
- Service Animals California Law
- Shiloh Shepherd Puppies For Sale California
- Siamese Cats Lady And The Tramp Song Lyrics
- Siamese Cat Hypoallergenic Cats For Sale
- Shih Tzu Puppies Jacksonville Florida
- Shih Tzu Puppies Orlando Florida
- Shih Tzu Puppies West Virginia
- Service Animals On Planes Horse
- Sheba Cat Food Review Reddit
- Siamese Cat Price In Rupees
- Siamese Mix Cats Personality
- Silver Lab Puppies For Sale In California
- Service Animals And Emotional Support Animals Are Considered The Same Among The Law
- Sikkim Animals Name In Hindi
- Shih Tzu Puppies Florida Breeders
- Shih Tzu Puppies For Adoption In Texas